About the Wisconsin Chapter of HIMSS
The Wisconsin Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is one of over 40 affiliated chapters of the largest health care information systems professional organization in the nation.
HIMSS is the healthcare industry's membership organization exclusively focused on providing leadership for the optimal use of healthcare information technology and management systems for the betterment of human health. Founded in 1961 with offices in Chicago, Washington D.C., and other locations across the country, HIMSS represents individual and corporate members across the globe. HIMSS frames and leads healthcare public policy and industry practices through its advocacy, educational and professional development initiatives designed to promote information and management systems' contributions to ensuring quality patient care.
Chapters serve a valuable role in bringing healthcare systems professionals together in a local forum. Join other dedicated professionals to discuss issues, learn about new methods and tools, and network. HIMSS Chapters are important components of the HIMSS structure and are organized and operate on a state, provincial or local basis to advance HIMSS' mission and goals.
HIMSS members may be from anywhere in the world. Membership in the chapter is assigned on the member's mailing zip code; however members may join any chapter by designating the chapter as their primary affiliation. Members requiring more specific information may call Member Relations at (312) 664-HIMSS (664-4467) or visit www.himss.org.
Why You Should Join Our Chapter
• Opportunity to grow professionally
• Career investment, development, advancement
• Learn new things from others
• Network with other health care professionals
• Develop new business relationships
• Educational opportunities
• Leadership opportunities
• Gain peer recognition
• Collaborative work on health care community common initiatives
• Collective voice for health care professionals
• Influence the industry direction
• Opportunity to submit and publish your work and get other’s publications
• Give back to the profession
• We are convenient and economical