Now accepting scholarship applications for 2016-2017!
The Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) Chapter is proud to announce the opportunity for you to earn a $2,000 scholarship. This annual scholarship is designed to support dedicated students as you pursue your degree in a Healthcare Information and Management Systems-related program.
In addition to the scholarship money, the award recipient will also be given an invaluable opportunity to network and work with industry leaders through a free one-year student membership to the Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter and a one-year seat on the Governing Board of the Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter.
There are application requirements that must be met in order to qualify for the award. The requirements include:
- 500 word essay detailing your experience in healthcare thus far, why you are passionate about pursuing a career in the Healthcare IT field, what you are looking to do with your career in Healthcare IT, and why this scholarship opportunity would benefit you
- A stated commitment of volunteer involvement with Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter events. Note: this is a commitment to future volunteer involvement of at least 15 hours between receipt of the award and June 30, 2017 if awarded the scholarship. Participation will be tailored to each individual applicants’ future goals with options including: Event coordination, Event volunteer, and leadership experience including Board of Directors participation.
- Evidence of 20-30 hours of verified volunteer experience in the past year (i.e., since July 2015)
- Proof of service in a volunteer leadership role: Examples include – Team Captain/Leadership Role in Athletics, Leadership Role within a Fraternity or Sorority, Leadership role in a University Club, Toast Masters, Rotary Club, Kiwanis, etc.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Application will be submitted through the Director of Students of Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter at: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for submitting an application is November 16, 2016. The award will be announced January 20, 2017.