2020 Q2 WI HIMSS Newsletter
The HIMSS Wisconsin Board of Directors has been closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Our commitment to delivering quality educational events and networking opportunities to our members comes second only to ensuring the safety of our members and the communities in which we live and serve. For that reason, we have made the difficult decisions to adjust our upcoming events schedule as follows:
- April 16th, 2020 – Joint Bootcamps and Educational Event with Minnesota Chapter - Hudson, WI – POSTPONED – Both chapters remain committed to hosting this event in the fall. Please be on the lookout for additional details to come late Spring/early Summer.
- May 14th, 2020 – Spring Leadership Conference – Wisconsin Dells, WI – CANCELLED – We will host our next annual Spring Leadership Conference on May 6th, 2021. Please mark your calendars!
- May 7th, 2020 – Joint Educational Webinar with the HIMSS Greater Illinois Chapter – REGISTER NOW – Join our virtual roundtable, featuring area health systems, as we discuss real-life COVID-19 related process or solutions, including:
- How to best test, triage, and treat communities
- Lessons learned while leading through the COVID-19 crisis
- The technological impacts the COVID-19 crisis brings
- The steps being taken now to prepare for the post-COVID-19 era
On behalf of our entire Board of Directors, we would like to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all Healthcare IT Professionals helping to support the hospitals, clinics, care teams, and medical professionals throughout Wisconsin, the United States, and the world over as we continue to navigate this unprecedented and challenging pandemic together. The tools and technologies all of you help to provide to doctors, nurses, patients, and other healthcare professionals on a daily basis, and the creativity and efficiency these technologies enable, save lives every day. Never will this be more true than in the coming weeks.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO! We look forward to seeing you soon. Stay well.
Call for Nominations!
Wisconsin HIMSS will begin accepting nominations for prospective candidates to serve on the 2020-2021 Board of Directors.
We’d like to make your voice heard, as this important election could impact chapter events, advocacy, education, and more.
Please send nominations to email@example.com.
Nominated candidates must adhere to the following:
- HIMSS membership is current/active
- HIMSS member and chapter member for minimum of one year
- Reflect professional diversity among the board (background, career, worksite)