Now accepting scholarship applications for 2019-2020!
Dear HIMSS student members (and all of you who study in Health Information Technology related areas),
The Wisconsin HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) Chapter is proud to announce the opportunity for you to earn a $2,000 scholarship. This annual scholarship is designed to support dedicated students as they pursue a degree in a Healthcare Information and Management Systems-related program.
In addition to the scholarship money, the award recipient will be given an invaluable opportunity to network and work with industry leaders through a free one-year student membership to the Wisconsin HIMSS Chapter and a one-year seat on the Governing Board of the Wisconsin HIMSS Chapter.
In the application narrative, please include the following requirements that are met to qualify for the award:
- Biographical information. Applications must include the applicant’s full name, institution presently attending, major of study related to health IT, expected graduation date, preferred email, and phone number.
- Evidence of Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher – please clearly indicate your current cumulative GPA, or the cumulative GPA from the previous institution or degree if you are starting a degree program in the fall of 2019. Add a photo or electronic copy of the transcript if available.
- A 500-word essay detailing your experience in healthcare thus far, why you are passionate about pursuing a career in the Healthcare IT field, what you are looking to do with your career in Healthcare IT, and why this scholarship opportunity would benefit you
- A stated commitment of volunteer involvement with Wisconsin HIMSS Chapter events. Note: this is a commitment to future volunteer involvement of at least 15 hours between receipt of the award and June 30, 2020 if awarded the scholarship. Participation will be tailored to each individual applicants’ future goals with options including: Event coordination, Event volunteer, and leadership experience including Board of Director's participation.
- Evidence of 20-30 hours of verified volunteer experience in the past year (i.e., since June 2018)
- Proof of service in a volunteer leadership role: Examples include – Team Captain/Leadership role in athletics; Leadership role within a Fraternity or Sorority; Leadership role in a University Club, student organization, etc.
Please submit completed application narrative and additional documents in Microsoft Word or Acrobat PDF format, and send any questions to the Director of Students of Wisconsin HIMSS Chapter at email@example.com. The deadline for submitting an application is June 30, 2019. The award will be announced on July 31, 2019.
Best of luck,
Dr. Roger Yin, CPHIMS, CISA, CISM, GSNA, CGEIT, ITIL-F
Director of Students, Wisconsin HIMSS Chapter
Professor of IT, College of Business and Economics, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
HIMSS Student Membership Only $30 Annually!
Advance your career in Health IT! The HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) student membership (http://wi.himsschapter.org/) is designed to enable students studying healthcare information technology related degrees to experience many benefits that HIMSS full professional members are enjoying at a much discount rate.
The following includes a number of key benefits of HIMSS student membership:
- HIMSS Career Resources Assist Your Professional Development:
- Access Member-Only Content on HIMSS.org
- Experience Benefits of Regular Membership
- Receive Membership Pricing on Conferences, Publications, and eLearning Academy
See More Information About HIMSS Student Membership At: